“CARE (Christian Action Research and Education) is a well-established mainstream Christian charity providing resources and helping to bring Christian insight and experience to matters of public policy and practical caring initiatives. CARE demonstrates Christ’s compassion to people of all faiths and none believing that individuals are of immense value, not because of the circumstances of their birth, their behaviour or achievements, but because of their intrinsic worth as people. CARE is represented in the UK Parliaments and Assemblies, at the EU in Brussels and the UN in Geneva and New York.”
Our mission: to declare Christian truth and demonstrate Christ’s compassion in society.
- Promote Christian action, research and education to support children, single people, marriage and family life effectively.
- Encourage Christians to pray for society and to recognise the dignity and worth of every individual person from fertilisation to life’s natural end.
- Assist Christians to understand social and moral issues in public policy, education and the community.
- Challenge Christians to become actively involved in the democratic process, to be effective salt and light where there is a need for truth and justice.
- Equip Christians to show the love of Christ in their communities through practical caring.
Our vision: to see a society that has a greater respect for the sanctity and value of human life from fertilisation to its natural end.
This includes working towards a society that:
- Honours the family as the foundation of a stable society
- Actively supports and encourages marriage between a man and a woman
- Seeks to communicate the truth in a compassionate way
- Keeps bioethics on the agenda for debate and discussion
- Is facilitated in its governance by active engagement in the political process
Read our Statement of Faith.